Friday, October 18, 2013

Roy's Letter to Evan

This week’s Blog is about a friend of mine that I’ve never met face to face, a guy that I respect a lot for how he’s turned a tough situation around, and to the benefit of others as well.  His name is Roy Page, and I met Roy when he was finishing writing his own book manuscript and looking for a good publisher.  So we spoke about my publishing house, Lucid Books.  In the process I learned about his story, which is the content of his book – "A Letter to Evan," how he was a divorced man doing his best to maintain a close and involved relationship in his son’s life.  His website says this:
----
Divorce changes everything.  It is disorienting, painful, and disruptive.  One dad steps forward to illustrate how to rise above the destruction of divorce, become a better person, and yes, even a better father to his children.  Roy Page exposes his heart in A Letter to Evan.  What began as an affirmation and instruction for his son has become a journey of healing, growth, and inspiration to men everywhere.
Being a loving, effective parent when you are not a part of your child’s daily life is challenging whether you are a father who travels or is divorced.  Roy Page shares how he has maintained a presence in the lives of his children.  As a man who enjoys hunting, fishing, sailing, and woodworking and possesses a deep desire to share these times of adventure with his son, Roy learns to navigate his extensive travel schedule along with Evan’s hectic baseball schedule to find a way to connect.  Even if it means writing a letter.
----
Roy with son Evan
Like I initially said, I sure respect how Roy has taken a really difficult situation and made it extremely productive.  Roy has redeemed a fall, or as it’s been said, he has fallen forward.  So I was honored when Roy asked me if he could blog about me recentlyHis blog is similar to mine; it has to do with “second chances.”  I am humbled to read one on myself, but I’ve had friends say I should post his to my friends too.  So here is ROY'S BLOG ON SECOND CHANCES(Click this)

No comments:

Post a Comment