Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rising Above



I am truly thrilled to call John O'Leary my friend.  But I'll admit, when I first heard his story, I literally had to sit down.

As a nine year old, 100% of John's body was burned in a gasoline fire, and he was given less than one percent chance of surviving the first night.  He endured months in the hospital, years in therapy, dozens of surgeries, and lost all of his fingers to amputation.

Today, John has spoken in 46 states to 850 organizations.  I have watched several of these messages on YouTube, and I am so amazed at his sincerity, his humility, and his humor... all mixed together.  He is a man full of compassion, kindness, grace, and honesty.

His website with lots of info is http://rising-above.com

John is not only my friend, he is indeed one of my heroes.  He is a perfect picture of someone who has caught his 2nd wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment